View Larger Map
Personnel from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Lancaster Station, conducted a DUI/DL Checkpoint on December 14, 2013, as part of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department commitment to public safety. This checkpoint was one of many that have been or will be conducted throughout the year in Lancaster. The location of Saturday’s checkpoint was on eastbound Avenue I at Date Avenue conducted between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. Checkpoints are placed in locations that have the greatest opportunity for achieving drunk and drugged driving deterrence and provide the greatest safety for officers and the public.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), checkpoints have provided the most effective documented results of any of the DUI enforcement strategies, while also yielding considerable cost savings of $6 for every $1 spent.
- 865 Vehicles through the Checkpoint
- 865 Drivers Checked at the Checkpoint
- 2 DUI – Alcohol Suspects Arrested
- 1 Suspect was Arrested for Knowingly Allowing an Unlicensed Driver to Drive, 14604(a) CVC
- 3 Suspects were Arrested for Misdemeanor Traffic Warrants and Sent to Court
- 4 Suspended / Revoked Drivers were Arrested and Sent to Court
- 14 Unlicensed Drivers were Arrested and Sent to Court
- 3 Vehicles were Stored for 1 Day
- 4 Vehicles were Impounded for 30 Days
- 11 Vehicles were Released per Checkpoint Release Procedures
If you see dangerous driving, Report Drunk Drivers – Call 9-1-1!
AS A DRIVER, PLAN AHEAD WITH THESE TIPS:
- Arrange rides home for your friends, family, co-workers and yourself before the drinking begins
- Identify and provide free non-alcoholic drinks or other promotional items to the Designated Driver
- Party hosts and servers must limit drinks to your guests or patrons. Don’t serve more than one or two over several hours.
- Cut back on the amount of drinks you plan to bring to the party – and provide plenty of food.