Littlerock Girls' Soccer Falls to Eagles in Lancaster Senior's Record-Setting Game

Click Here for SoccerGarage.com

January 9, 2013 -

A little touch on the ball resulted in a big career milestone Tuesday night for Lancaster senior Brianna Singh.

Following a pass from Haley Miller early in the second half, Singh slid to beat Littlerock goalkeeper Andrea Espitia to the ball and kicked it in for her second goal of the match and the 100th of her varsity career.

Singh finished with a hat trick, giving her 25 goals this season and a program-record 101 in three-plus seasons as Lancaster posted a 7-0 Golden League girls soccer victory.

"I knew I was close coming in, so I was hoping I would get to 100 (against Littlerock)," said Singh, who scored four goals Friday against Annenberg to increase her career total to 98.

"Once I saw the ball go in, I was definitely relieved and I actually kind of shocked. Everything happened so quickly, but I definitely knew what I had done and hearing everybody cheering really meant a lot. We had to get back to playing right away, but in those moments, it's the little things that count."

Singh scored twice during a five-goal second half for Lancaster (10-3-1, 5-0). Taylor Sclimenti had two goals and an assist, with Jahaira Lucas contributing a goal and an assist and Rachel Lods also scoring for the Eagles.



No comments:

Post a Comment